Last updated: 28th June 2020.
This privacy notice provides you with information about how we collect and use your personal data through the use of our website: wittynomad.com.
By browsing our website, you agree to the collection and use of your personal data in accordance with what is outlined below.
The Witty Nomad (referred to as “we”, “us” or “our” in this privacy notice) is the data controller and we are responsible for your personal data.
Information Collection & Use
The Witty Nomad is committed to protecting your privacy when you visit our website.
You can browse our website without disclosing any of your personal data (personal data refers to any information that is capable of identifying an individual. It does not include anonymised data). We only collect personal data such as names and email addresses where it has been knowingly provided by the individual and he or she has consented to the terms by which the personal data will be used, as outlined below.
Personal data may be collected in a number of ways:
- Contact form: Name, Email Address and any additional information you choose to include within the form.
- Comments: Name, Email Address & Comment. Please note that comments are publicly accessible and your personal data can be read, collected and used by other website visitors that choose to access these publicly accessible pages.
We also collect anonymised data that your browser sends whenever you visit our website (“Log Data”). This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our website that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other statistics.
- To operate and maintain wittynomad.com.
- To respond to your comments, enquiries and provide you with user support.
- To send you information about products, services, surveys and content that we think will be of interest, where each email promotion will provide information on how to opt-out of future mailings.
- To send you administrative communications, such as confirmation emails, technical notices, updates on policies, or security alerts.
- To track and measure advertising and conversions on the website.
Unless required to do so by law or subpoena, we will not sell, distribute, or reveal your personal data without your consent.
Cookies are files with small amount of data that may include an anonymous unique identifier.
Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your computer’s hard drive and records how you move your way around a website so that when you revisit that website, it can present tailored options based on the information stored from your last visit.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our website.
The security of your personal data is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Links To Other Sites
We have no control over, and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
Our website does not address anyone under the age of 16 (“Children”).
We do not knowingly collect personal data from children under 16. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with their personal data, please contact us. If we discover that a child under 16 has provided us with personal data, we will delete such information from our servers immediately.
Your legal rights
Under data protection laws you have rights in relation to your personal data:
- Opt-out – You may choose to opt-out of future email communications by following the unsubscribe links in our email promotions.
- Request – You may request to see what personal data we hold specifically about you (but no other person’s).
- Update – You may contact us to update your personal data.
- Deletion – You may request that we delete all of your personal data.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please email us at “info(at)wittynomad.com”.
We will aim to assist you within 30 days and contact you if a) we need your assistance in identifying who you are and b) should we need any longer.